Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Best Thing I Ever Ate (not in DC)...


Part of what JM and I wanted to do with this blog is find all the “have to try” foods the DC area has to offer.  My current goal is to find the best hoagie spot in town, but so far I’ve had difficulty finding a place that makes amazing bread and stuffs their sandwiches with enough meats and cheeses to even leave Kristie Alley satisfied.  In my life, I’ve had lots of good sandwiches, but when my family was coming in to town over Easter, I had to use the opportunity to have my sister bring me a special delivery of the best sandwich I’ve ever tasted.  It’s the buffalo chicken cheese steak found at the one and only Nuse’s Deli in Morgantown, PA.  If you’re ever in the area, make sure you stop and give it a try.  I like mine with extra hot sauce and blue cheese.  I was thinking about this sandwich for at least a month and it made me realize that I haven’t found something around here yet that brings out the same “need to scarf” attitude in me.  So if you know of any sandwiches in the area that don’t allow you to think straight until you finally get to take a bite of it, let me know, because I’d love to give it a try.

Leave your thoughts in the Comments!
B

1 comment: